These funds were donated in support of the Stars Appeal Little Lives Campaign, an appeal raising money to provide the latest and most advanced equipment available to treat premature and critically ill babies in the area.
Chris Harrison, Managing Director, HSA said: "When we heard of the Little Lives Campaign, we instantly wanted to lend our support. The Neonatal Intensive Care Unit serves as a vital facility for many people living in our local community and will offer these babies the best start in life. We hope this campaign is able to reach its desired target and we're very proud we were able to help."
Dave Cates, Director of Fundraising at Salisbury District Hospital said: "We are extremely grateful for the support we have received from HSA and would like to thank them for enabling the Unit to purchase this new incubator. The new equipment has built in weighing scales and x-ray pads which dramatically reduce the need for staff to handle babies, resulting in a positive impact on the babies' whole wellbeing. This is a great example of how this new type of equipment can make the smallest of changes, and yet the biggest difference."
The Little Lives Campaign was launched at the beginning of this month and hopes to raise a total of £100,000. It is part of the Salisbury District Hospital's overarching goal, the Stars Appeal, to provide the state—of-the-are equipment and facilities over and above those which the NHS can fund.
For further information about the Appeal please visit www.starsappeal.org. Ends
Notes to Editor
- HSA is a trading division of Simplyhealth Access and is a provider of Cash Plans, Private Medical Insurance and Dental Plans
- Part of the Simplyhealth Group, Simplyhealth Access is authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority
www.hsa.co.uk or contact 0800 08 54321
- HSA Cash Plans provide a funding solution to help meet the cost of everyday healthcare. HSA Personal Medical Plans provide private medical cover for treatment in the UK. HSA also provides solutions for the corporate healthcare market.
- As of December 2005 HSA had 823,000 customers providing cover for some 1,650,000 people. Simplyhealth Access covers some 2.25 million people
- Further information on the company is available at
For more information please contact:email@example.com
Abby Bowman, Public Relations Manager on 01264 342561
Caroline Lakeman, Public Relations Executive on 01264 342570 Or email
Out of hours contact information:
Abby Bowman on 07795 294448
For more information about The Stars Appeal please contact:
Dave Cates on 01722 429005 or email firstname.lastname@example.org