When reviewing the suppliers that we purchase ingredients from we consider many aspects.
• price of product
• quality of item and shelf life.
• delivery timetable and flexibility on orders
• working relationships
• suppliers' Environmental Health Reports
• suppliers' accreditation from BRC (British Retail Consortium)
• supplier audits by STS (Support Training Services)
• environmental aspects such as carbon footprint
• fair trade products
• Rain Forest Alliance
• Farm Assured Meats
• Dolphin Friendly Tuna
• Sustainable Crop
• reference for other local hospitals/nursing homes
The Catering Department regularly attends food fairs to engage with new suppliers, for example, Taste of the West Event, to ensure we continue to get the best value for money and engage with local companies, suppliers and growers.