Do you have spinal cord injured patients admitted to your ward or community area? If so you may find yourself needing to provide bowel care to them.
The following study day will enable you to provide safe and effective care to these patients.
A study Day for Nurses/Carers working in Primary and Secondary Care at The Duke of Cornwall Spinal Treatment Centre, Salisbury District Hospital
- Anatomy and Physiology of the large intestine, rectum and anus.
- Legal implications, scope of professional practice, consent.
- Bowel assessment and management
- Digital rectal examination, digital stimulation and manual evacuation
- Practical session using anatomical models
- Patient perspective