Salisbury NHS Foundation Trust is now offering online video consultations to our patients in a number of our outpatient services, where your doctor or nurse has identified you as suitable for this type of appointment.
We recognise that travelling to a hospital appointment is not always convenient and can sometimes be costly and time consuming. Video consultations provide an alternative way to attend your hospital appointment, without the inconvenience of travel. Therefore, if you do not need an investigation, blood test or physical examination, your clinician may offer you a video consultation.
‘Attend Anywhere’ (a secure NHS video call service) has been bought nationally by NHS Improvement to ensure patients continue to receive the care they need during the COVID-19 pandemic. If you would like to know more about how NHS England and the Department of Health process your Personal Data please visit: https://www.england.nhs.uk/nhse-nhsi-privacy-notice/joint/ .
Attend Anywhere is for patients with pre-arranged appointment times only. You can use Attend Anywhere on a PC, Mac or an iOS/Android device, using a Google Chrome (for PC/Mac/all mobile devices)/Apple Safari (for Macs and iOS devices) browser. Attend Anywhere will not work on Internet Explorer. Download Google Chrome or Safari for free.
To find out more about attending your video appointment using Attend Anywhere, please read our Video Consultations FAQs Sheet and watch a short video on how to use it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGtVW1EJzTY
How do I use this service?
If you have agreed to attend a video call appointment, you will receive an appointment letter as normal, with the time and date of the appointment and the name of the video call service you will be attending.
There are a few things that we ask that you to do, in advance, to prepare for this:
- Read the Patient Information Leaflet carefully for the service that you have been offered an appointment with (click on the relevant button below).
- Carry out a ‘test call’ to test that; you are using the correct web browser, your equipment works and you have a strong internet connection
To carry out ‘test call’, follow the instructions below:
- Use the device that you plan to use during your appointment (i.e. your smart phone, tablet or desktop) & the best internet connection available to you.
- Click on the ‘waiting room’ button for the service you will be attending below and follow the instructions.
- If you experience any issues with the test call, please refer to the Troubleshooting Information Leaflet or visit nhs.attendanywhere.com/callers for advice on how to resolve this.
- If you encounter any issues with the test call or you want to change your appointment for any reason, please contact the Central Booking Team on 01722 345543.
What do I need to do on the day of the appointment?
- Ensure you have a quiet, private place to make the call from; try to limit background noise (like children or pets)
- Try to limit background noise (like children or pets)
- Have your appointment letter to hand
- Start connecting your call at least 5 minutes before your appointment. You will be taken through a series of steps to ensure that your equipment is set up correctly. Once the steps have been completed, you will be prompted to enter your name and telephone number and accept the terms and conditions. This information is not stored beyond the length of the video call.
Accessing your video call:
- Click on the ‘waiting room’ button below, for the service you will be attending (this will be written on your appointment letter). You will enter the waiting room until your consultation begins. You will see yourself on the video and hear music. The waiting room is private and you will not see other patients.
- Wait for the health professional to connect to your call at the planned appointment time. In the event that they are running late, we ask you to please be patient and remain waiting in the online waiting room. When the consultation is ready to begin, your image will shrink and move to the corner of the screen and you will see your clinician.
- The video call is free (except your internet usage charge) and data is not used whilst you are in the waiting room.
Attend Anywhere is completely confidential and secure. The calls cannot be accessed by anyone else.
Patients and healthcare professionals are positive about our video consultations:
“It’s really easy to use Attend Anywhere and join a video consultation. You get sent the link, open the internet, enter your name and start the call. I really can’t see any disadvantages.”
“If the option of a video call wasn't there I think I would have struggled to keep up with the sessions on a regular basis.”
"It has the advantage over the telephone that we can see each other and read facial and body language cues. It negates the need for the patient (or the therapist) to travel - an important factor when working with patients with long-term physical health conditions."
For more information about Attend Anywhere and how to use it, please click the following links:
Please only enter the waiting rooms below if you have been offered a Video Call appointment by your clinician/service. Patients without a Video Call Appointment will not be seen.