Salisbury District Hospital is situated two miles south of Salisbury on Odstock Road.
Salisbury District Hospital
Telephone: 01722 336262
For your own safety, and the safety of staff, the site is monitored by CCTV.
Maps of the Hospital and Surrounding Area
Hospital Entrances aerial view
Hospital Site Map
Maternity Locations Map
Directions by Car
From the north or east, join the Churchill Way ring road and follow the signs for the District Hospital.
From the west on the A30/A36 turn right at Park Wall junction, Wilton onto the A3094 to avoid going through Salisbury and follow the signs for the District Hospital.
From the south follow the A338 towards Salisbury, pass the park and ride on your left and take the next left at the traffic lights and left at the top of the hill.
Entrances to the hospital are marked 'A' and 'B' and the car parks are numbered and clearly signposted for patient/visitor parking. Your appointment information will tell you which car park is closest to your ward/clinic.
Getting to Hospital by Taxi
Taxi ranks can be found at New Canal in the city centre and at the Railway Station. The approximate cost of a journey from the city centre to Salisbury District Hospital is £7-8.
Car park tariffs are displayed on boards besides the Pay and Display machines or Pay on Foot machines (depending on the car park) in all public car parks at Salisbury District Hospital.
|Up to 2 hours
||Up to 4 hours
|4 to 24 hours
The Pay on Foot machines accept 10p,20p,50p,£1 and £2 coins to a maximum of 15 coins and will give change.
Season tickets are available for patients and visitors who satisfy certain criteria and they will be charged at £10.00 per week. Patients and visitors should apply by filling out a request form available from the administrator of the ward or department that you are visiting.
Season ticket application forms have been distributed to wards and clinics.
Once an application has been made, the patient or visitor can take their form to either the Cashier's Office, Finance, SDH Central, or the Transport Desk, Main Reception, SDH North, and pay for the elected number of weeks. The season ticket will be then be issued.
As a patient you qualify if you are:
- receiving Income Support
- receiving Income based Job Seekers Allowance
- receiving Working Families Tax Credit
- receiving Disability Person Tax Credit
- a holder of HC2 or HC3 Certificate from NHS Low Income Scheme
- a parent of a child patient and in receipt of one of the above
- attending an Artificial Limb Centre for a pensionable disability
- attending a Genito Urinary Centre more than 15 miles from your home
- attending two or more appointments in any one week
- attending regular repeated appointments over a long period
As a visitor you qualify if you:
- play an active role in a patient's recuperation/rehabilitation prior to and post discharge
- are a visitor of an intensive/critical care patient
- are a visitor of an "out of area" patient and living locally/on site to enable repeat visits
- are a visitor of a long stay patient, i.e. more than 1 week
How to pay your Parking Charge Notice (PCN)
If you have been issued with a Parking Charge Notice (PCN) or have had an appeal refused with regards to an outstanding Parking Charge Notice (PCN) details on how to pay this outstanding charge can be found at How to pay your Parking Charge Notice (PCN)