Norovirus Ward Restrictions
One of our wards, Durrington Ward, is currently affected by diarrhoea and vomiting. To help prevent the spread of infection, restricted visiting in this ward is now in place.
Norovirus is a highly contagious stomach bug that causes diarrhoea and vomiting. We ask for your support in helping to control the spread of infection further.
Visiting is restricted to close family and friends only.
- Ensure you wash your hands with soap and water before and after visiting wards. Please note that alcohol gel alone is not effective against Norovirus.
- To reduce spread of Norovirus, do not visit other areas in the hospital after your visit.
- Follow any other instructions given to you by staff.
If you have any questions, please contact the Ward directly on 01722 336262 ext 2619.
How the public can help reduce the risk of norovirus
- Please do not visit if you or other members of your household have had diarrhoea and/or vomiting within the past 48 hours. Please delay coming into hospital until you are better.
- Regularly wash your hands with soap and warm water, especially after using the toilet, and before eating or preparing food. Only hand-washing will prevent the spread of norovirus - alcohol hand gels DON’T kill the virus. Please ensure you always wash your hands before and after visiting wards.