It is important to us that patients receive excellent medical care in the best possible environment and in surroundings that will promote recovery.
We are therefore continually improving our facilities and services, while maintaining our emphasis on high quality treatment and care. Key to this was the opening of a £24 million facility providing purpose built facilities for our burns service, elderly care and orthopaedic wards, plastic surgery and maxillo-facial outpatients. The Trust opened a new cardiac intervention suite to enable local people to receive cardiac treatments in Salisbury rather than having to travel further afield and shortly after focused on improving its women and children’s services.
More recent improvements include:
- A new state-of-the-art children’s unit at a cost of around £4 million, of which £1 million pounds came from generous contributions to the Stars Appeal. The new unit benefits greatly from the inspired use of artwork to make the facility less ‘clinical’ and more welcoming for children of all ages and their relatives.
- Maternity facilities were improved by bringing together the antenatal, day assessment and postnatal ward into one area with a dedicated entrance. The postnatal ward was expanded and upgraded and offering a more private space for women who can also stay in amenity rooms.
- The Neonatal Unit was expanded through an £800,000 project, with donations from the Stars Appeal used to provide dedicated accommodation for parents of children being cared for by the NICU service.
- Major changes to the layout and decoration on Redlynch and Pitton wards provide more calm and relaxing surroundings for patients.
- A major refurbishment of the Hospice has improved outpatient and inpatient areas, main reception and waiting rooms, together with an increase in en-suite bathrooms.
- A dedicated Urology Centre provides one area for a range of diagnostic and treatment services, where previously these were carried out in general outpatient areas.
- The Intensive Therapy Unit was upgraded to provide first-class facilities and equipment.
More Information on some of these improvements can be found by clicking on the links in the left hand margin.